One Pennsylvania is a statewide base-building organization that promotes economic justice with a racial justice analysis. We believe justice is inclusive and interconnected, and that we only win together. Our motto is to follow the money, confront the power, and make real change.
One Pennsylvania campaigns for good jobs, strong and healthy communities, and corporate accountability. Together, we fight for social justice and tackle the racial, gender, and economic inequality that holds back working families. Working with us is demanding and exciting. Come help build a movement to change Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
One Pennsylvania is seeking an Organizer to perform a wide range of duties focused on empowering people most affected by our economic system. In a typical campaign, an organizer:
- Identifies, recruits, and trains leaders to help lead the campaign
- Builds membership and tests community support
- Creates positive leadership relationships with member leaders and activists
- Plans and executes large member actions (actions, rally, etc.)
- Mobilizes members (house calls, Lobby Day, Meetings, Door Knocking)
- Records conversations, assessments, and follow-ups with member leaders
- Maintains and updates various campaign lists and data systems
- Charts and analyses membership and community involvement
- Work fluidly in a team where you are sometimes a leader and sometimes a follower
Successful applicants must have excellent communications skills, show leadership in large and small groups, willing and able to work in a team where roles are fluid, knowledge and willingness to learn about the social justice strategies and movements that come before us, a willingness to work long and irregular hours (50 hours a week regularly and able to flex up to 70 hours per week).
It is critical that all applicants have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and challenge people to take risks in order to make change.
Given the dynamic nature of organizing, campaign assignments can be anywhere in Pennsylvania. Depending on experience, the position may begin with a two-month apprenticeship program.
Owning a car is preferred, willingness to travel and the ability to competently navigate the city with activists are required. One Pennsylvania provides mileage reimbursement at the Federal rate and lodging when working away from home.
Competitive salary package and benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance.
One Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBTQIA people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word Organizer in the title of your email.