Does your Representative support a People’s Budget?
Click a district below to find out if that Representative supports a People’s Budget. The darker blue the district is, the more supportive the Representative.
Call your legislator, ask them to support a People’s Budget, and then tell us what they said.
- Two-thirds of eligible 3 and 4 year olds in Pennsylvania can’t attend high quality Pre-K because our state is not investing in them.
- We know that children who attend high-quality programs early education problems have a reduced likelihood of criminal behavior, higher levels of employment as adults, increased lifetime earnings, and less reliance on welfare.
- For too long, disparities in public education funding have allowed some children to succeed at the expense of others. When our public schools thrive, our communities thrive too.
- In 2016, 150,000 Pennsylvanians didn’t make enough to keep food on the table for their families.
- Raising the minimum wage is not just the right thing to do; it’s a smart economic decision: raising the wage increases employee morale, productivity, and quality of work.
- We bailed out the big banks and corporations when they were struggling, but now corporations are making out with multi-million dollar profits and pay low taxes, if any at all.
- Before another public school closes, before we deny one more child the benefits of high-quality Pre-K, and before we strip one more family of essential community services, we must make big corporations and the Marcellus Shale pay their fair share.
- Low- and middle-income families are paying far more than their fair share while the ultra-rich are hardly pitching in.
- There’s more than enough money for everyone to have a good job, decent wages, and the public services they need. It’s time for the wealthy and big corporations to do their part.
Here’s what’s at stake:
- $200 million in healthcare funding
- $62 million for child care services
- $50 million for Pre-K and Head Start
- $95 million for correctional institutions
- $8.5 million from Safe Schools initiatives